Kongobuji : Headquarters of Koyasan Shingon Buddhism
Inside the Temple
The main gate or entrance of Kongobuji has remained the same since it was constructed in 1593. Emperors, royal family members and the abbots of Koyasan were the only ones allowed to enter through this main gate. On the right side of the main gate there is a smaller entrance that was typically used by priests and the common people. This gives us a glimpse of the strict rules and order that was a part of Koyasan and the way people lived long-ago.
This is the end of this page